Kids Come First is committed to ensure that all activities and programs promote the health, safety, nutrition and well-being of all the children. In conjunction with the Child Care Early Years Act (CCEYA), our goal at Kids Come First is to provide a safe, stimulating, loving environment that will:
- Strengthen and develop the child’s learning potential and skills by fostering their exploration, play and inquiry of the world around them;
- Value the practice of continuous professional earning, questioning and reflective/critical thinking.
- Respect each Child, family, educator and program as unique, competent and capable.
- Ensure that every child has a sense of belonging when he or she is connected to others and contributes to their world
- Ensure that every child is developing a sense of self, health, and well-being.
- Ensure that every child is an active and engaged learner who explores the world with body, mind, and senses and support competent risk taking that is individual to each child.
- Ensure that every child is a capable communicator who expresses himself or herself in many ways. Encourage children to communicate and interact positively with others including, children, parents and Educators and support children’s ability to self- regulate;
- Encourage independence and self-esteem through positive interaction with others;
- Meet the needs of the individual child, as well as those of the group and provide a variety of activities including indoor and outdoor play, active and quiet play;
- Provide an environment that will encourage and support children to explore, discover and manipulate his/her world through child-initiated and adult supported experiences;
- Provide opportunities for Educators and support Educators to engage in continuous professional learning;
- Maximize Community and Parent involvement to interact with, connect to and support the Children, their families, the Educators and the Program;
- Foster engagement with parents by providing ongoing communication about our program and about their child(ren), encouraging participation of families in the program, and having an open door policy for all families;
- Encourage the participation of the community by providing placements for University, College. students and Secondary School Students in Cooperative Education placements.