Volunteers and Students:
- Volunteers and students are not considered part of the Act ratios and must never be left alone with the children. Volunteers and Students are directly supervised by Employees.
- The Executive Director or its designate is responsible for the recruitment, orientation and training of volunteers and students.
- The Executive Director or its designate is responsible for the ongoing supervision of the volunteers. For students, the Executive Director designates a Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE) who is responsible for the ongoing supervision of the student.
- All volunteers and students must have a Police Record Check completed prior to their involvement with the children at the Centre. Co-op students under the age of 18 are exempted from this requirement. Kids Come First may require a reference letter from the school the volunteer under the age of 18 attends.
- All persons expressing a willingness to become a volunteer must be screened, interviewed and placed within the Centre by the Executive Director or its designate.
- All volunteers must complete a standard application form in order to establish suitability for placement within the Centre. Every effort will be made to place the volunteer in a setting that best utilizes his or her interests and experience.
- The length of commitment will be mutually agreed upon by the volunteer and the Executive Director or its designate. Prior to volunteering at the Centre, the volunteer must sign an agreement outlining the expectations of the Centre, as well as the role of the volunteer.
- The Executive Director or its designate, may, at any time, ask the volunteer to leave provided there is written documentation on file indicating the reasons for the request.
- All volunteers will receive a description outlining their duties and expectations.